Spring break is always filled with lots of fun stuff. We started off the week with a trip to a stone yard to get flagstone for a home improvement project. Liam was in awe of the big rocks, the ponds with goldfish, the heavy equipment that was working and getting to ride in Dude's truck onto the big scale. It doesn't get much better than this. Oh, then there was the confession that he stole some of Dude's Dt. Coke while he was in the truck and we were loading rocks. Such a little sneak. Jax slept through most of this adventure.
| |
| Hanging out in a very large pot. |
We spent Tuesday at local park on the lake. We planned on feeding the ducks but they wanted nothing to do with us. I'm sure that had nothing to do with Liam and a friend tearing through the woods and then racing to the shoreline. They weren't scared of the two wild banshees at all! We did have lots of fun playing though!
The boys went to spend the night at their Nina and Papa's house. Brent and I had a date night at the Studio Movie Grill. I was never one to combine dinner and a movie at the same time but this has become our new venue for movie watching.
Wednesday was a trip to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens with my friend, Sherry, so I could "teach" her how to use her new camera. I'm not sure if I actually taught her anything or just confused her! These are a few pics I took.
On Thursday, we went to ride the Forest Park Miniature Train and then to Tillery Park for a picnic with our Aggie friends. This was the third year for this adventure so it definitely qualifies as a tradition now. One mom made her 4 year old son promise that he would sit on her lap and ride the train with her when he's 16. We can only hope!
 |
| Sitting on the railroad tracks. |
 |
| Yelling at each other is always so much fun! |
 |
| Here comes the train. |
 |
| All aboard. |
 |
| Here are all of the future Aggies on the tracks together. |
|
|
By Friday, we had exhausted ourselves and the house had been torn apart and put back together more times than I can even remember. Here's some of the boys' handiwork!
Spring break is always a great little preview of what the summer holds. I'm so excited to get to play for 6 weeks with my boys in just a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment