Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daddy's Motorbicycle


 
Ever sense Liam has been able to really talk, he has been fascinated with Brent's motorcycle, aka "Daddy's motorbicycle."  It doesn't matter where we are, if he seen a motorbicycle, he points it out and announces that it is like Daddy's motorbicycle.

Well, we sold the motorbicycle this week.  (And, no I didn't make him get rid of it.  I actually refused to even provide input because I didn't want him to feel like I made him get rid of it nor did I ever want to be blamed for it in the future.  I am relieved that I don't have to worry about him riding it anymore though!)  We were on our way to the Ash Wednesday service this week and Liam spotted a motorbicycle which he announced to Brent, "It's just like your motorbicycle, daddy."

I couldn't help but look at Brent and ask if he thought Liam would forever remember his bike (as Brent and I called it).  Brent looked at me and said, "Come on, do you remember anything before you were 5 years old?"  I didn't have time to answer because Liam answered very matter of factly, "No."

Here are some pictures from Brent's final ride on his motorbicycle.
The final ride


Daddy riding his motorbicycle



Liam saying goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment