Sunday, August 14, 2011

A weekend with Jax

This weekend, Brent's parents kept Liam.  They want to have special time with each of their grandsons so they got Liam and Jax got to be an only child for the first time.  In a few weeks, they will keep Jax and Liam will get to be an only child again.

Brent, Jax and I made the most of a rainy day.  We went to the Fort Worth Children's Museum.  It was so much fun.  I've been there before and I've taken the boys there before but it is usually with two kids and it's usually just me with friends and their kids...It's fun but also a little daunting.  It's a big place with lots of kids who are all over the place and just when you think you have your eye on both of them, one moves or they both move at the same time.  I've learned to dress my boys in the same color when we go places like this and to count to two...over and over again.  So, today's experience was a lot different.  There were two adults and one kid.  I saw parts of the museum that I didn't know existed.  Who knew there was an upstairs with lots of exhibits?  Well, yesterday, we found them all and explored most of them!

It was fun to get to spend some one on one time with Jax.  His personality is just as big as I thought it was.  He's just as fearless as we thought too!  He also still loves to play with his dogs, can tear the house apart in 3 minutes flat, loves to read books, dance and cuddle.  He also doesn't eat much better or sleep much better as an only child!  He won't ever really be an only child but he is a great little brother and our precious little boy! 

Here are some pictures of our adventure.


Cow round up

Riveting a plane

Twirling

Hula hoops!  Mom's still got it by the way.

Making the beach ball fly.  Check out my hair!

Enormous light bright



Building circuits with daddy and making things fly.

Sitting in the dinosaur footprint

Playing in the water

Bubble tubes

Check out me on the turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment