Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I want to go home...

We just got home from being in much cooler weather for 7 days.  When I say cooler, I mean we slept with the windows open at night.  We went to the park every day and played outside for hours and I never broke a sweat.  I loved the weather and spending time with my grandma, the boys greatgrandma or "Gigi" as they call her.  We played with cousins, saw extended family we hadn't seen in years, saw one of my childhood friends and played with her kids, caught lightning bugs nightly, ate ice cream, slept in a tent, went swimming, etc.  (More posts about this will follow.)

But none of that matter to Liam.  He wanted to go home.  He started asking on day 4 of our trip when we were going home.  He missed his doggies.  He didn't care that it was 20 degrees cooler, that the air was cleaner, that we could see stars, that we saw more lightning bugs in my grandparents front yard than our whole entire city sees on a yearly basis, that he got to stay up way past his bedtime, that....  He just wanted to go home.

So, we finally made it home after a car key incident.  Liam was so excited.  He saw our van and said, "We found the van!"  Apparently, the Crown Victoria that we rented didn't compare! (No, you don't get a choice of cars on Priceline.)  He was so excited to see Lil' Jo & Rosie although, I'm not sure the feeling was mutual.  And, he was so excited that "my books are back!"

There really is no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. Who puts a set of car keys in a backpack anyway? Goofballs.

    ReplyDelete