Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things I never thought I would say...

I knew life would change when Brent and I had kids.  I just didn't realize that some of the things that would come out of my mouth would be so ridiculous, hilarious, insane, crazy, etc.  You can play ad libs and pick the adjective.



These two comments are from a few months ago...

"Liam, put your penis back in your pants."


"Liam and Jax, stop wrestling in the bathtub!"



My parents always told me that I was going to have you-know-what to pay when I had kids because of how I was when I was a kid.  Well, much to their delight, it is happening.  Brent even calls Jax "mini-Dawn" because he acts just like me when I was little according to my parents and because he looks just like me.  See my post called Unexpected

These three comments were all made to Jax today...Yes, all in one day!

"Jax, we do not put race cars in our ketchup."

"Jax, stop chewing on the table."

Here is some context for the last one.  I had just changed Jax's wet only diaper.  It was all wrapped up nice and neat and ready for the trash when he grabbed it.  The next statement is what I never imagined I'd say to anyone.

"Jax, we do not eat dirty diapers."


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that list will grow exponentially over time. Great post sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! alan asked me for a list of these for a sermon illustration just last week. his favorite was "i do not give piggy back rides to naked boys. put your clothes on, then you can ride."

    i know you and i especially will have VERY long lists before this is all over. :)

    oh and that pic of the boys on brent is awesome...nice work

    ReplyDelete