Yesterday was officially my first day of summer with the boys. We've had fun this last week at VBC at church but Friday was just for mommy and the boys. I decided to brave it and take them to the Ft. Worth Zoo...by myself. I've never done that before. We've been other places but never somewhere like the zoo. We loaded up the wagon and off we went.
We had a blast. It wasn't crowded and we got to see lots of fun stuff! The gorillas were entertaining. Let's just say, he (or she, I really couldn't tell) was getting a drink out of the stream and they don't really mind showing themselves if you know what I mean. Liam quickly commented on the gorillas booty and loudly told me how yucky that was. Jax just wanted to hear the gorilla make his gorilla noise so he spent the time making gorilla noises...whatever those might be. We got to see giraffes, hippos, elephants, feed some incredibly large coy and a swan. We went to the petting zoo but didn't get to pet any animals..they were all sleeping. We were fascinated by the flamingos and the penguin feeding session. We rode the train to Texas Wild, rode the carousel, played in the "barn" where Liam and Jax got to experience a close encounter with Red, the turtle. I was thankful for the barn time because it was air conditioned!
After leaving the barn we headed to the indoor eating area by MOLA. The alligators, turtles and fish were extra active yesterday. I've never seen the alligators do anything but sunbathe. Yesterday, they were all of over the tank and it was quite exciting! Jax did a dance to celebrate.
We also got to see lots of dinosaurs because of the Dinosaurs Unleashed exhibit (notice the picture upper left hand corner). The boys both loved that! We did not get go to Parakeet Paradise, go through MOLA or see lions and tigers so I promised the boys that we will go back very soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment