Thursday, June 16, 2011

A New Hallelujah by Michael W. Smith



A few months ago, Liam started asking to go to "big" church with us. He wanted to hear the music. Ever since then, he goes with us to "big" church and then goes to his Sunday School class while we go to ours. (Now that he has discovered the donut holes and mini-cinnamon rolls that's a just more incentive!) I was never really sure if he was actually paying attention or not because a lot of times he's kissing me on the cheek, giving me eskimo kisses, hanging out with Brent, etc. But, he enjoys it and we like having him experience formal worship with us.

Well, earlier this week I left the stereo on when I went to pick them up from school. When we walked in the house, "A New Hallelujah" by Michael W. Smith was playing. Liam looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, "Mommy, we sing this at church!" That was such an amazing moment. And a reminder to me that, yes, he is, indeed, paying attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment