On Sunday, after church, I was standing in the narthex talking to friends when sweet Miss Molly frantically came to find me. It seems my little daredevil decided to stand on top of the play structure in his classroom. I can just picture this all in slow motion. Miss Molly was less than 4 feet away from him, turned around, tried to grab him and down he went. The carpet and gymnastics mat underneath the structure softened his blow but he still earned a nice sized goose egg that was immediately black and blue, a scrapped nose and busted lip. Seeing him after we got back to his classroom was hard. He was screaming because he was in pain, was scared and they were trying to put ice on his rapidly growing forehead. My reaction was to grab him and hold him, which I did.
I know that as my boys grow up, there will be many more heart in the throat moments. I'm sure there will be trips to the ER for injuries and I'm sure it will never get easier to see my boys hurt or in pain. I just pray they are few and far between.
My baby's noggin...
that is a nice one :)
ReplyDelete