During the last few years, since I've had kids, really, I have thought about all of the moments that I don't want to forget. I've even attempted to write a few of them down in a journal. I used to be really good at journaling. Not so much anymore. I'm not sure if it is that I'm too busy or if it is just pure laziness. Now, my boys are 2 1/2 and 1. The moments that I want to remember happen daily and I really don't want to forget which is why I am starting this blog.
A friend of mine wrote about the ordinary moments she and her family experienced this week. The dishwasher overflowing, most likely with the help of her 5 year old. Her 2 year old daughter stealing her makeup, wearing some and then giving the carpet a makeover. And the memories go on. Someone shared the quote, "Life's not about the breathes you take, but about the moments that take your breathe away." And then, completely disagreed with it...life is about the breathes we take, not the ones that are few and far between that take our breathe away. This got me thinking. If I'm going to do this, I had better start now before I really can't remember all of the little breathes.
So I don't forget...
The 20 minutes I stood in my son's doorway watching him dance, the little one climb on the stool that was mine when I was his age, then the look of joy on their faces when they closed the door in my face and the giggles that followed when I reopened it. Sounds boring to anyone else but I can still hear the giggles and squeals of delight as my two boys played together. A phenomenon that is happening more frequently. I am hoping and praying for a strong friendship between my boys...
The conversations that I have in the car on the way to school and home from school with my oldest one make me laugh, amaze me and leave me speechless sometimes. He is 2 1/2 but his vocabulary is amazing. And he tells about his day in detail, asks me 8,000 questions followed by 8,000 more whys and tells me which way I need to turn. And, if I don't turn on our street, I hear about it.
The little moments, the ones that matter the most, are the ones I don't want to forget. So I don't forget, I'm going to try to start writing about them here. If you want to remember them too, then read along...If I ever share that I'm doing this!
Okay, I got tears in my eyes when I was reading this post. Our babies are all growing up so fast, and I was completely relating to you in what you wrote in this post. I look forward to reading about your daily moments that you don't want to forget. This time we have with them is precious.
ReplyDelete