Today, the boys got to walk the red carpet at school. Yesterday, when I picked them up, Liam's teacher told me to have him wear his favorite outfit. Jax moved to a new class yesterday and his assistant teacher doesn't know us so she was telling me about today's event and told me that everyone is getting very dressed up. "The girls are wearing their fancy dresses and the boys should wear their suits." I just laughed and said, "The Candlers don't wear suits." Oh, she is going to learn a lot from my Jaxie.
Last night before bed we made a big production about what they were going to wear today. I quickly realized that Jax could care less. Liam, on the other hand, had an opinion about everything! He picked out his cowboy boots, a pair of jeans, his Cowboy's jersey that we have never been able to get him to even consider putting on and then he told me that he is going to be a cowboy rockstar. He marched his clothes out to the living room where they get dressed every morning while watching cartoons before school.
Since this morning was the big day, Liam got dressed without any battles and even went to the bathroom so we could brush his teeth. His hair was CRAZY so I started to wet it so we could tame it a little. He immediately told me that he wanted rock star hair for school. Next thing I know, we were in my bathroom with the can of mousse, hair dryer and hair spray. Liam went to school as a boot wearing cowboy in a Cowboy's jersey with rock star hair. There may have been a little bit of an identity crisis.
Jax looked very nice in his long sleeve t-shirt with a tie sewn on it. I told him he looked very nice in his tie while we were looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror before I brushed his teeth. He got a very serious look on his face as he said, "Mommy, that is NOT a tie. It is a sword!" That's my boy!
When Brent dropped them off at school this morning, the three of them walked the red carpet together. I was told that my boys are naturals. Jax was able to provide some comic relief when he almost fell off of the stage. He also really shined when he put his hands on his hips and the "look" on his face. Liam was super excited that Miss Ashley, Jax's current lead teacher and Liam's former teacher, announced him as "And this is LIAM CANDLER, our cowboy rock star!"
I love these two guys!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment