Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bye Bye Paci

We have been putting it off forever.  I've been dreading it more than I can even express.  We've tried before and quickly gave in due to the loud screaming, crying and flying snot that was produced.  We talked about giving them to Santa but the thought sent him into a panic.  He's even gotten so upset that he's physically made himself sick.  I've even asked friends for advice...
  • Hey girls! Do any of you have any suggestions for how to get rid of the paci? We have poked holes in them and cut them...Jax could care less. I know the simplest solution would be to just get rid of them but the crying that ensues breaks my heart.
    Like · · · December 30, 2012 at 12:50pm near Mansfield
We decided we were going to stick to our guns and only let him have the paci at nap time and bedtime.  Then we would revisit taking the paci away again in a few weeks or months or maybe even years.  Until...

  • We need quick prayers!!! The paci has disappeared!!! We truly have no idea where it is. There was a little screaming but we sent Jax into go to sleep with Liam because he isn't going to sleep either. They aren't sleeping but so far no more mention of the paci. So, please send up prayers for 1. We make it through the night without it. 2. If we ever see the thing again that Brent or I find it before Jax does!!!
    Like · · · January 1 at 9:13pm near Mansfield

I am proud to say we have been PAINLESSLY paci free for 4 full days now.  Jax does still mention it from time to time.  Things like, "Mommy, where's my bright blue paci?"  I remind him that the pacis are all gone.  He'll break my heart by whimpering and saying, "But I won't be able to sleep forever without my bright blue paci."  I tell him I'm sorry and he moves on.  

He told me a few days ago that he found his bright blue paci and I about had a heart attack.  Except, I quickly remembered that it was in my purse which was at home and we were in the car.  (Don't worry, I had all of the necessities in a different tiny purse.)  So I glanced in the rear view mirror and asked him to show me his bright blue paci.  It turned out to be his thumb which he sucked on for 3 seconds max and gave up.  

It makes me a little sad that my sweet baby is growing up and no longer needs a paci. Some of my most favorite pictures are of him with his paci in his mouth but I am so thankful that it was so easy!!!

We started 2013 with saying bye bye to the paci but I'll always have these pictures.  For now, the bright blue paci is in our safe.  I'm going to turn it into a Christmas ornament and give it back to him when he is a teenager!



















The famous bright blue paci. 



1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how it was going, and I'm SO glad to hear that it's been relatively painless.

    ReplyDelete