I hope the recount of this conversation makes sense. I thought it was precious and didn't want to forget. A lot of times I forget how good of a memory Liam has until we have a conversation that goes something like this....
The boys LOVE bounce houses so earlier this week, we went to jump so they could burn off some energy. On the way to this particular bounce house, Liam reminded me that the last time they went to this one it was a Nina Day but Dude and Mimi brought Rocco and Max, their cousins, to play too. (This was in OCTOBER!!!) Then Liam proceeded to tell me that Annie, Rocco and Max's mommy, didn't get to come because she was having a baby. I told him that the baby is still in Annie's tummy and won't be born until after his birthday in April.
Jax piped up with, "Well, Heather has a baby." To which I quickly replied, "No, she doesn't. You have to get married before you have a baby." This led to another conversation about Heather and Michael, her boyfriend, and how we are hoping that they will get married.
Liam then asked me in his most serious voice, "Mommy, how did we get Daddy?" After stifling some laughter, I told him that I met Daddy in college, we dated and got married.
This just confused the whole marriage and baby issue because Liam then informed me that after he gets married, he is going to have a baby. This just led to a very basic birds and bees talk about how girls have babies and not boys. After a few more whys and Liam finally was happy with that's just how God made us. Oh, what a slippery slope.
No comments:
Post a Comment