It seems like yesterday that Liam was born. Yet, we are rapidly approaching his third birthday. I never know what to expect which makes our lives so much more exciting and interesting. I just told Brent that we must have been really bored before these two little boys entered our lives!
I started this blog so that I would not forget the little things and I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with those things so here are a few conversations with Liam that make me my heart smile.
Cement Trucks
Liam: "Look, mommy. A cement truck!"
Me: "Oh, I see it." (It only took me about 3 minutes to locate said cement truck. His radar is amazing!)
Liam: "It's making concrete for the roads."
Me: "Yep, baby. You are right."
(I have to admit that I'm wondering where he learned this...I'm not sure I knew that cement trucks made concrete until I was at least a teenager. Maybe that's the difference between girls and boys. Boys care and girls don't. Or, I have one really smart little boy. I'm going with the later option since I'm a little bit biased!)
Hamburgers
It is amazing how the park and hamburgers have become synonymous for Liam. Every Wednesday, he and Jax spend the day with their Nina (Brent's mom) and almost every Wednesday, they go to the park and then eat hamburgers for lunch. Last Saturday morning Brent and I took the boys to the park. While they were swinging and doing our countdown to leaving this conversation took place.
Liam: "Mommy, I want a hamburger and fries for lunch."
Me: "Really. How are you going to pay for them?"
Liam: "You are going to buy them."
Me: "Do you think we have money to buy anything you want?"
Liam: "No, just hamburgers."
Yep, we had hamburgers for lunch.
Best Friends and Girlfriends
Last week, Liam then told me that he has best friends. When I asked him who they were he said, "Daddy, Mommy, Jaxie and me. We are all best friends." I think I got a little misty eyed and wished I had a video of that to show him when he's 15 and wants nothing to do with us!
Then, I took the conversation a little farther and asked him if he had a girlfriend. I really had no idea how he would answer this question.
His answer: "Yes. Tessie's my girlfriend."
Me: "Do you hug Tessie?"
Liam: "Yes."
Me: "Do you kiss Tessie?"
Liam: "Yes, but she has boogers."
Me: "Do you have boogers?"
Liam: "Yes."
Again, needed a video of that conversation for a few years down the line so I can prove to him that he really did use to talk to me about his girlfriends!
Music
This is by far my favorite. Liam loves music, any and all kinds. I explained to him that his Dude and Mimi (my parents) were going to see music (aka a concert at Bass Hall) last week. He promptly informed me that he wanted to go with them too. So after a long conversation and explanation about how that wouldn't work, he finally dropped the subject.
Then as I was getting Liam's and Jax's dinner ready and they were sitting at the kitchen table, Liam tooted (our polite way of announcing a fart). He looked at me with a huge grin on his face and said,
"Mommy, I just made music with my butt."
There is no other way to respond then with laughing...and then laughing some more when he tells Brent the story a few minutes later when he walks in the door from work.
These are the days to remember!
and a video for tess to tell her to keep her nose clean!
ReplyDelete