Monday, May 23, 2011

Flowers from Liam

I will never forget the first time Liam brought me flowers.  I'm sure I got a little misty eyed.  I still do when I think about it even though they were weeds.  It was more about the fact that my sweet little boy who was two at the time thought about me while he was outside playing with daddy.  He has continued to pick flowers for me from time to time and we always put them in a little vase on the kitchen table even if they are 
weeds that will die within 
the next 30 minutes.


Recently though my boy has stepped it up a notch.  The pink tulips came from a trip that he and I took to 
Costco together.  He is already the little charmer.  As we walked by the flowers, he proudly announced that he wanted to buy me flowers and proceeded to pick these out.  He, of course, didn't have any money but there was no way that we were leaving there without the flowers that he "bought" for me!
 
I didn't think to take a picture of him with the flowers but I got these shots of them in the vase on the counter.  


I didn't have to wait long though because the next time we went to Costco he told Brent that he wanted to buy me flowers.  

  
Guess what we came home with?  More tulips.  I got a picture this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment