Thursday, December 4, 2014

My snuggle bug


This boys LOVES to snuggle. He asks to snuggle. He crawls into my bed to snuggle. He seeks me out to snuggle. He is 100% a snuggle bug. I have no doubts that I will get the joy of being allowed to snuggle with him for a few more years. Hopefully. 

He is also curious. About everything. Last week, we were in the car having a conversation about God. He wanted to know if we can see him. We talked about how you cannot see him the way that we can see each other but that you can see God all around you if you look closely. Just to make sure he understood, we talked about sunsets, sunrises, flowers, watching the leaves on trees move in the wind and about how we can be like Jesus to other people through our actions. He remembered watching his Aunt Heather's veil blow in the wind at her wedding in Colorado so I am pretty sure he grasped the concept. 

I wasn't prepared for what came next though. He got quiet and then said, "Mommy, I can't wait to snuggle with God."  That was a serious lump in the throat moment but such a sweet and tender one at the same time. The only reply I could think of was "Me too, baby. Me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment