Saturday, October 19, 2013

Soccer!!!

Liam and Jax both played soccer this fall. Liam did a great job and scored a couple of goals. He had come a long way and is a natural defender. He knows exactly what to do when the opponent is trying to score a goal. Jax came a long way from the beginning of the season to the end. The 45 minute practice followed by a short break and than a 45 minute game was a little much for him. He did fairly well during practice but was usually ready to leave before the game ever started. We made progress though. The first game was a wash. We spent 25 minutes in the bathroom with an upset tummy. The 2nd week we were in Colorado for Heather's wedding. The 3rd week, it rained and he just wanted the umbrella. So there was a lot of screaming and no playing. The 4th week, I bribed him to play and had to go onto the field with him. The 5th week, he played as long as I was standing on the field. He even scored a goal!  Unfortunately, we missed the last game because we were in Columbus visiting Brooks, Annie, Rocco, Max, Roman and Simi. 

These pics are from week 4. Practice was fairly good. Game time was a different story. Liam spent a lot of time with him on the bench trying to coax Jax into the field. Such a sweet big brother. 













Liam's game was great as usual. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see much because Jax wouldn't stay on his practice field if I left to watch Liam's game. Here are a few pictures I was able to take when I snuck away. 






I should also mention that Liam is really fast. He can out run almost anyone his age which really gives him the advantage on defense!  I really didn't think soccer was his sport a year ago. Now, I know I was wrong. As long as he's having fun and wants to keep playing, you will be able to find us on the soccer fields in March, April, September and October!  














No comments:

Post a Comment