One of my prayers for my boys is that they will become friends. I have heard that brothers are fiercely loyal to each other and that the relationships that they develop with each other turn into friendships that will last a lifetime. I certainly have prayed for that to happen with Liam and Jax. Sometimes, I have my doubts though because there seems to be lots of fighting. And then, I listen harder and hear lots of giggles and laughing. Or, I walk out onto the playground and find them playing with each other instead of the other 40+ kids out there. Or, I pick Liam up from school early to go get his 5 year old (holy cow, how did that happen???!!!) check up and he refuses to get ice cream with just me. Instead, we have to go back to school to pick up Jax before he'll get ice cream. Really, he refused to get out of the car. Or, Jax and I arrive at Liam's soccer game when Jax's practice is over and it is all Brent and I can do to convince Jax that he can't run out onto the field to give his big brother a hug. So, yes, I am being to see what I have prayed for...a friendship. One that I pray these two little guys will cherish for a lifetime especially when they aren't so little anymore and it's them against the world! And the world had better watch out!
No comments:
Post a Comment