Liam played soccer this fall. It was touch and go to say the least. He says he liked it, then he says he didn't like it but he wants to play again. His performance on the field says he wasn't a huge fan. He was the kid looking for bugs, collecting sticks, picking flowers, strolling down the field, watching the ball roll past him, flying like an airplane or just flat out being silly. Then all of the sudden during the last game, he got it. He suddenly became aggressive, went after the ball and had a breakaway. He dribbled the ball down the sideline. It was wonderful to watch and then the very next play he might have turned back into an airplane...
This afternoon though he was upset because Jax gets to go to Monkeynastics every Friday. I had to explain to Liam that he gets to do things that Jax doesn't like play soccer and take Jiu Jitsu. Liam had an answer for that and announced that he's "retiring from soccer so Jax can play for him." I asked him if that meant he was never going to play again, he said, "No, I'll come back and play but right now I am going to retire."
As usual, I was speechless. However, the official announcement has been made. Liam is officially retired from soccer but he's planning a comeback in the near future!

No comments:
Post a Comment